Jay McCormack is a born and raised Vermonter! Having lived here his entire life means he has in-depth knowledge of the local market and what makes each town or neighborhood unique. With over 8 years of experience as an agent, Jay has won numerous sales awards and can make the buying or selling process as smooth and stress-free as possible for his clients.
Jay also owns and manages multiple multi-family properties, and is highly experienced in the process of subdivision and new construction. (He's actually building his own new home in Richmond, VT right now!)
Even though he's a wicked nice guy, he's always ready to advocate for your needs in any transaction and help you get what you need! He's even been described as having a "Bill Belichick" approach to strategizing during negotiations.
But Jay doesn't exactly head home after work to rest on the couch. Instead, he's likely mountain biking, snowboarding, hiking, traveling, or saying yes to another wild outdoor adventure with his buddies.
Last, but not least, Jay has his pilot's license for both hot-air balloons and airplanes! If you're ever stuck on the top of a mountain, he might be able to help. Whether you're looking to buy or sell real estate -- or go for a flight -- Jay is your guy!
• "It took us almost three years to find the right home, but Jay was with us all the way. He took the time to show us countless properties, always with a good spirit and in a professional manner. His knowledge of the area and negotiating skills helped us zero in on the best deal on the best home. We highly recommend Jay and The Gardner Group."
• "I have worked with Jay twice and the Gardner Group as a whole five times for purchases and/or sales of property over 10 years. I could not make a higher recommendation for a greater group of folks. Jay responded almost immediately to every inquiry I posed. Their team is not only hard working and professional, but make you feel comfortable throughout the process, and take the stress that comes along with purchase/sale to as low as it can be. Thanks for everything!"
• "We had been working with Jay for about 4 years now. In August we stumbled across the home we had been looking for. We soon found ourselves in a bidding war. Jay made some 'Bill Belichick' type strategic moves and eventually got us the place. Great guy, couldn't be happier. Still waiting for an invitation for a ride in his hot air balloon though."
• "Jay worked with us for a number of weeks to help us find just the right home. He was informed, aware, brought up good questions for us to consider, and helped us to narrow down what it was that we were really looking for. Jay was patient as we looked at house after house, occasionally bringing our 3 children along. He kept things light, took the time to get to know who we were and what we valued, and welcomed our questions."
• "My wife and I worked with Jay to purchase a second home in VT. Distance, work schedules, and not having been involved in real estate transactions in recent years all presented challenges. While this created a lot of anxiety on our part, Jay was responsive, and very helpful throughout the process. He protected us very well on some issues that could have gone overlooked until after our closing. We would definitely recommend using Jay as an agent."
Awards & Designations
NVBR's 2013 Rookie Of The Year
Working with Lauren and her team was a dream. We were working through the difficulties of purchasing a home from afar, and Lauren ensured we received prompt and friendly attention for every step of the process, she truly didn’t miss a beat. It made us feel as if we were present for the process despite not being there. I’ve been through many home buying/real estate transactions. My experience with Lauren is what I’d call the gold standard of customer care. She is extremely knowledgeable of her area, well versed in the details of her market, well connected to partners in the community, and always prompt to respond. I have, without hesitation, recommended her to several friends and she has provided the same outstanding experience to them as well.
Lauren was terrific! I would recommend her to anyone looking to buy or sell. She was very knowledgeable and supportive as well. We appreciate all of her help in getting our home sold.Great work ??
Second Time using Rich and his team. Once again they went the extra mile to ensure our transaction went smooth and seamless. Would use Rich again if I ever had any real estate transactions in Vermont!
It was an absolute pleasure working with Amanda! This was the second house that I have purchased, but the first in many years. Amanda was responsive and a true advocate for me the whole process. She even came to the closing, not because she had to, but because she wanted to be a part of the process. If you are looking for a knowledge realtor, a wonderful person to work with, please ask for Amanda
Very knowledgeable, responsive and patient in what was a very difficult sale of our property. Rich was a pleasure to work with. If we were to sell another property would absolutely use Rich again.
Amanda was wonderful! Great sense of humor and a vast knowledge about real estate. She helped my boyfriend and I buy our home. She stood in our corner and gave honest and helpful advice when it came to negotiation. So happy we got to work with her!
We had the fortune of working with Rich on the original purchase of our condo and the sale. Rich is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and responsive. He takes the time to gain a genuine understanding of his clients wants and needs and truly has their best interests at heart. He also has a great team behind the scenes. We would definitely recommend him for any realtor needs!
Allison was our main contact during our sale. She was very good at keeping us informed and worked diligently to answer questions and concerns. She was very pleasant to work with and was always looking out for our best interests!
Allison was assisting our listing agent with the sale of our home. She was very responsive and knowledgeable with any questions or concerns we had. She also provided timely feedback for showings and open houses. We would highly suggest using Allison with your buying or selling needs.
Working with Amanda was a delight because she has a sweet and helpful personality, but also because she very quickly pinned down our tastes. We are new to Vermont so her ability and our trust in her opinion made it pleasurable to purchase a property despite our distance.