"As the team leader of The Gardner Group at RE/MAX North Professionals, it is my job to provide you with an unparalleled level of service and expertise and to ensure that your needs are met and exceeded. I hold myself and our team to the highest ethical and professional standards."
"We take pride in building lasting relationships and friendships with our clients, all while making your real estate experience enjoyable and fulfilling. My 14 years of real estate experience, our professional team, and the industry leading systems that we have in place to buy or sell allow me to be confident in OUR goal: to be YOUR Real Estate Consultant for life!"
Rich is a native of Vermont and has been in the real estate business for 14 years. As a native Vermonter, he is committed to the overall economy and welfare of his home state. He was the 2012 President of the Northwestern Vermont Board of REALTORS® and was nationally certified to teach the Green Designation course to fellow REALTORS®.
Rich has a degree in Architectural Engineering and grew up building, designing and overseeing the construction of hundreds of residential homes with his family’s construction company. Rich, his wife Allison, and sons Theo and Thomas, live in Colchester.
When he is not selling property, you will likely find him spending time with his family, friends, or fishing. Rich and Allison are proud supporters of several organizations including Camp Ta kum Ta where Rich has spent the last 12 years as a volunteer cabin counselor and a current member of the board.
• "Excellent service in all respects. House sold in one day. Rich has a keen understanding of the real estate market, including how to set an appropriate price and prepare for sale. We had two full price offers the first day it went on the market."
• "I have worked with Rich on 3 real estate transactions now. He goes out of his way to accommodate and fulfill requests you have. His ability to negotiate and keep both seller & buyers happy is admirable. The recent transaction was selling my parent's condo since they have both passed on. That means he had to deal with my sister, brother and myself until we all agreed. He really knows how to handle different opinions and resolve with a compromise that everyone is happy about."
• "Our experience with Rich Gardner and his team was terrific from the first point of contact through our closing. We filled out an online inquiry and had a call within 15 minutes. Rich came to our house for the consultation and, refreshingly, was the only broker who visited who had not already decided what our home was worth. He brought no 'comps' with him—just wanted to see the house and what it had going for, and against it. The three other brokers we had in to compete for our business brought sales plans and comps with them and had already decided wherein the real estate pecking order our house fell. After spending 90 minutes learning our house, asking detailed questions and describing his process, he scheduled a meeting with us for a few days later (this was over a major holiday so likely would have been sooner) in which we visited him at his office and he presented his plan for how best to sell our house and position it price-wise. It is important to note that we were selling our house in an 'off' time—right after the new year—and were worried about traffic and interest. Honestly, Rich’s suggested list price was higher than the other three brokers and by quite a bit. We were worried that our house would languish on the market and we would have to cut the price. We laughed with Rich that he had to convince us to list our price higher since I am sure that his arguments with potential sellers are the opposite. Rich assured us that our list price was do-able and backed it up by showing us apples-to-apples comparisons of homes in our area that had sold. Everyone on Rich’s team, especially Allison and Rebecca, were terrific to work with. Every time we had a question, someone was there to answer it. The follow-through/follow-up was amazing. The pictures of our house were beautiful. Now for the best part, our house sold the day it went on the market for more than the asking price with another offer as a back-up on the same day. Clearly that doesn’t always happen, but even selling a home in an off time of the cycle, Rich knew what he was doing. Our closing went well (we were dealing with terrific buyers and they had a great agent, as well) and was smooth with no big surprises. Rich has integrity and his team will earn your respect. We highly recommend Rich and the Gardner Group."
• "Very knowledgeable, responsive and patient in what was a very difficult sale of our property. Rich was a pleasure to work with. If we were to sell another property would absolutely use Rich again."
• "We had the fortune of working with Rich on the original purchase of our condo and the sale. Rich is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and responsive. He takes the time to gain a genuine understanding of his clients' wants and needs and truly has their best interests at heart. He also has a great team behind the scenes. We would definitely recommend him for any realtor needs!"
• "Second Time using Rich and his team. Once again they went the extra mile to ensure our transaction went smooth and seamless. Would use Rich again if I ever had any real estate transactions in Vermont!"
• "I cannot recommend Rich Gardner enough! My husband and I reached out to Rich at the very beginning of our house hunting experience. We were not really sure what we were looking for and Rich was beyond patient and helpful. He worked with our schedules to show us a few different houses/neighborhoods until we really locked into what we both wanted. Rich was always quick to respond, offered expert advice, took the stress away from negotiations (from the purchasing of the new house and the selling of our previous house) and always took time to make sure we understood all of the details. He helped us find our dream home, and we even had fun searching for it! We will undoubtedly work with Rich in the future."
Awards & Designations
ABR, SFR, ePro, Green
Working with Lauren and her team was a dream. We were working through the difficulties of purchasing a home from afar, and Lauren ensured we received prompt and friendly attention for every step of the process, she truly didn’t miss a beat. It made us feel as if we were present for the process despite not being there. I’ve been through many home buying/real estate transactions. My experience with Lauren is what I’d call the gold standard of customer care. She is extremely knowledgeable of her area, well versed in the details of her market, well connected to partners in the community, and always prompt to respond. I have, without hesitation, recommended her to several friends and she has provided the same outstanding experience to them as well.
Lauren was terrific! I would recommend her to anyone looking to buy or sell. She was very knowledgeable and supportive as well. We appreciate all of her help in getting our home sold.Great work ??
Second Time using Rich and his team. Once again they went the extra mile to ensure our transaction went smooth and seamless. Would use Rich again if I ever had any real estate transactions in Vermont!
It was an absolute pleasure working with Amanda! This was the second house that I have purchased, but the first in many years. Amanda was responsive and a true advocate for me the whole process. She even came to the closing, not because she had to, but because she wanted to be a part of the process. If you are looking for a knowledge realtor, a wonderful person to work with, please ask for Amanda
Very knowledgeable, responsive and patient in what was a very difficult sale of our property. Rich was a pleasure to work with. If we were to sell another property would absolutely use Rich again.
Amanda was wonderful! Great sense of humor and a vast knowledge about real estate. She helped my boyfriend and I buy our home. She stood in our corner and gave honest and helpful advice when it came to negotiation. So happy we got to work with her!
We had the fortune of working with Rich on the original purchase of our condo and the sale. Rich is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and responsive. He takes the time to gain a genuine understanding of his clients wants and needs and truly has their best interests at heart. He also has a great team behind the scenes. We would definitely recommend him for any realtor needs!
Allison was our main contact during our sale. She was very good at keeping us informed and worked diligently to answer questions and concerns. She was very pleasant to work with and was always looking out for our best interests!
Allison was assisting our listing agent with the sale of our home. She was very responsive and knowledgeable with any questions or concerns we had. She also provided timely feedback for showings and open houses. We would highly suggest using Allison with your buying or selling needs.
Working with Amanda was a delight because she has a sweet and helpful personality, but also because she very quickly pinned down our tastes. We are new to Vermont so her ability and our trust in her opinion made it pleasurable to purchase a property despite our distance.